Choosing the right aesthetic dentist to improve your smile cosmetically is a lot like choosing the right dentist in general. Cosmetic or aesthetic dentistry is an additional specialty that dentists acquire with advanced training. They are already skilled at providing medical dental care, the foundation for a great smile. Their additional cosmetic skills allow aesthetic dentists to offer patients who don’t like their smile complete care. The goal of cosmetic services is to correct problems with the smile and improve patients’ well-being and confidence.
To choose a cosmetic dentist, follow these tips:
- Choose an established practice with many before-and-after cosmetic procedure photographs that you can view. Look at pictures that show the procedure you’re interested in, and evaluate the results.
- Choose an office where you feel comfortable with the staff and the amount of time they spend with you. For example, during your consultation, did your prospective dentist outline a variety of options for you?
- Choose a dentist who uses the latest technologies in both his general practice and his aesthetic practice. Does the dentist use intraoral imaging, lasers, or other state of the art techniques like CEREC restorations?
- Look at reviews, testimonials and word of mouth online. Read the articles on the website – are they helpful or just about getting you to make an appointment?
- Choose a dentist who belongs to professional organizations in aesthetic dentistry. One of the top groups is the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry which has stringent standards for training and membership. Dr. Alhadef is a member of the AACD.
Learn more about our practice’s Smile Makeovers and how just a few visits can give you that Hollywood smile! You can also read about cosmetic dentistry via Wikipedia to learn about top cosmetic dental procedures.